The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine together with the National Democratic Institute and Institute “Respublica” are launching a series of public consultations.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine is launching a series of public consultations on the implementation of a new State Standard for basic secondary education. Online discussions will be held from June 2 to 18 in the format of the ZOOM conference. The first consultation will take place on June 2 with the participation of representatives from the city of Kyiv. Lubomyr Mandziy, the acting mayor, will join the event with a welcoming speech. Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine.
During the discussions, the representatives of the Ministry of Education and Science present the key provisions of the project “State Standard of Basic Secondary Education” and the project “Roadmap” for its implementation, as well as the developments that will form the basis of a standard educational program for grades 5-9.
Consultants working in groups will be able to discuss the following issues:
- roadmap for the implementation of the State Standard of Basic Secondary Education;
- variable structure of a typical educational program and typical curricula;
- ways to implement educational areas through subjects and integrated courses;
- readiness of educational institutions to organize the educational process according to their own educational programs;
- readiness of teachers to create and implement their own programs;
- attitude to the integration of knowledge and the implementation of integrated
- courses in the educational process.
We invite you to participate in public consultations:
- heads and teachers of general secondary education institutions of II, I-III, I-II degrees;
- scientific and pedagogical workers and scientists who are the authors of educational
- programs and textbooks;
- educational experts;
- representatives of public organizations;
- parents of students in grades 5-9.
The first public consultation will take place on June 2nd for representatives of the city of Kyiv. We ask everyone who wants to join the discussion to fill in the registration form. Only registered participants will be sent an e-mail confirmation of participation the day before the event.
Note. Public consultations are conducted by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine with the assistance of the National Democratic Institute (NDI) and the Active Community of the Institute “Respublica” and with the support of the United Kingdom Government and the Foundation for Good Governance.